1. Members are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion, respecting other members at all times, both in meetings and on resident association social media platforms.
2. Members should at all times remember their role as a resident’s representative is to bring forward the views of residents in general.
3. Members should be aware of the confidential and sensitive nature of information that they may be given or may be told to them by other residents.
4. Offensive, disruptive, threatening or abusive behaviour and language including racist, sexist, disablist or homophobic inflammatory remarks shall not be permitted and will constitute a breach of reasonable behaviour.
5. Members should be aware of the equal opportunities act 2010 and at no time act in a manner which is intentionally contrary to the spirit of these policies.
6. In their roles as members, residents should not act in a manner that might bring the Association into disrepute.
7. During meetings members wishing to speak should indicate to the Chair, and then wait to be called upon to speak. All speakers should address the Chair. It is the Chair's role to make certain everyone has the opportunity to speak. Members should be careful not to dominate the discussion.
8. Speakers should stick to the subject matter in hand and not stray from the point.
9. Only one person shall speak at a time and there should not be any private debates within the meeting.
10. Members should be punctual and arrive at meetings on time.
11. Any breach of reasonable behaviour will result in a vote of no confidence being called against the offending member.